Assistant Preschool Teacher
Assistant Teacher: Full time
To enhance social emotional, physical, social-emotional, language, cognitive, literacy, mathematical skills, to promote kindergarten readiness.
- Comply with and utilize the State of Michigan Child Care Center Licensing Rules, the Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Pre-Kindergarten connected to the Great Start to Quality program and to also comply with the standards and policies outlined in the Ebenezer Christian Preschool employee handbook.
- Act in a manner that is conducive to the welfare of children.
- Assist in ensuring facilities are conducive to the welfare of children.
- Ensure appropriate care and supervision of children.
- Assist in administering day-to-day operations.
- Assist in child assessment and in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the classroom program and child assessment.
- Assist in family engagement activities.
- Be responsible for the general management of the center when the teacher is absent.
- Commitment to making progress toward program goals on an ongoing basis.
Education and Child Development
- Provide a developmentally appropriate classroom environment using the Creative Curriculum, School Readiness goals, Early Learning Framework, Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS), and Preschool Quality Assessment (PQA).
- Conduct child developmental screenings within 45 days of enrollment and GOLD assessments three times a year.
- Provide clear behavioral expectations and use effective methods to prevent and redirect behavior using Conscious Discipline guidelines.
- Have a CDA credential, be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within two years from the date of hire, have an associate or bachelor’s degree (in any area), or be enrolled in a program leading to such a degree.
Additional Qualifications Required:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a comprehensive background check.
- Ability to meet the State of Michigan and federal health requirements (medical clearance, mental wellness, and TB examination).
- Be suitable to meet the needs of children.
Thank you for your interest in Ebenezer Christian School.